Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Monday

Why does Monday always have to come after a relaxing Sunday?  Yesterday was so nice, eating lots of snack food and watching some commercials.  sigh

Well, here it is so I guess this is my day to share some menus and a recipe!  woo hoo!!!!

Monday we had Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese...yummo!!!

Tuesday was Jambalaya in the crock pot...couldn't find my regular recipe so had to wing it...rice came out a little gummy, sigh.

Wednesday was chili, which is a family favorite and an easy dinner to make since it is just a big dump.

Thursday we had the scouts over for PLC so Phil picked up pizza.  Teenage boys and pizza just seem to go hand in hand.

 Friday night we had Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Calzones.


Well, the pasta is on the stove for tonight.  Baked Manicotti. I wonder if I could get away with adding spinach to the filling?  hmmmmm, It would be so good, but I am afraid the children would protest.  Well, time will tell.

Until then, enjoy my favorite recipe for chili.  As a Texan, I know that this recipe has gone off and been ruined with the addition of beans.  But, the children like it that way, and since they are Californians.....

Beef and Bean Chili

2 pounds ground beef
1 lg yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained.
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
6 oz can tomato paste
2 3.5 oz cans diced, roasted green chilies
3/4 cup beer
2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste

In a large soup pot over medium high heat brown the onions and garlic.  Add in the ground beef and cook till meat is no longer pink breaking up any clumps.  Drain off the fat.  Add in remaining ingredients and cook for 1-2 hours on low.

Told ya....it is just a big dump.  hee hee

Well, I have so many projects to share....I promise to be back tomorrow with some scrappy goodness.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

holly* said...

yum yum yum! thanks for the ideas! husband comes home tomorrow and life will finally get back to "normal". these are going to be great to keep in my arsenal!

Heather Landry said...

I saved that chili recipe! It looks YUMMY. (Without the pinto beans tho!!!) LOL I am still planning to move into your house. You cook yummy stuff!