Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Hi everyone!  Today is Halloween here in the States and I have to admit I am a bit sad.  Gone are the days of big pre-Trick or Treating parties.  When Brighton and Mackenzie were younger we had a big group of families that we would go out with after a soup supper.  The children always had a great time, as did the adults.  Many of the families had children Brighton's age and now that these children are 17 and up....


 Well, needless to say, these children aren't so much children and now we don't trick-or-treat together.  sigh

Poor Ainsley is left as the only one who is still interested in begging for candy and so we are looking for a new group to hang with.

OK, well...enough of my wistful yearnings for the children to be young again.   How about a project to share?  I made a couple of little treat bags for my niece and sister to celebrate this fun holiday.
I cut the bag out of some Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock with my Cricut machine and then embossed it using my Big Shot.  A couple of vintage digital images accented with stickles,  bits of seam binding dyed with Glimmer Mist, and of course some simple Prima Wildflowers and a doily finished my bags.
If only I had time to make 100 or so more I could give them out to all the trick-or-treaters tonight.  Yeah...right!  lol

OK, well.....back to work around here.  Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Awwww! I'm so sorry that they're all grown up and that they don't want to hang out with you anymore.

Your treat bags are wonderful. Anyone would be lucky to get them!