Monday, November 23, 2009

A Tale of Two Calendars

Crazy busy around here lately...but I did have time to work through two calendar kits I purchased for Christmas presents. I made one of the Basic Grey calendars last year and I really liked it. So when I saw them in the store at Michael's and had my coupon.....

Well, who would have guessed there were 5 different manufacturers with calendars this year at Michael's. All retailed for $19.99. I picked up the Basic Grey and a My Mind's Eye...you know I love the shabby/distressed look.

Both come with a basic, blank calendar, chipboard, stickers, and die cuts. The MME also included ribbon and bling (love me some ribbon and bling). They both have a shabby, distressed feel to them. But all in all.....loved the Basic Grey. It was definitely more work, having more small pieces, but those smaller pieces gave each page more depth. And, all the designs were set up for a single 4x6 photo. I did not like that the MME had non standard photo sizes. The basic MME calendar tho is much prettier, more distressed looking.

I guess you would like some photos? LOL

Here you go.







Well, you get the idea.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

these are really pretty Nancy!!! TFS!!!

Heather Landry said...

These are both gorgeous Nancy! I KNOW whoever gets them will LOVE them! You rock chickie!