Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paper Dolls - Mixed Media


Hi everyone!  Today I want  to share a project I made using some of the fun items available at the Your Memories Here store.

I have been eyeing all the yummy goodies from Prima's Winter 2013 collection and decided to try my hand a paper doll inspired by Julie Nutting.  As much as I love those stamps, I am afraid that since I am not much of a stamper and they are only a specific size....well......I decided to create my own.  For the background I used some older Prima papers I had in my stash as well as lots of mists, paints, and rub ons.
I then decorated her with lovely with papers from my Glitz Cashmere Dame papers, prima bling, Stickles, and a simple flower.  A few rub ons both from Hambly and Bo Bunny helped add texture and depth.
Finally I used a bit of packaging and my Prima Press to make the title.

It has been a while since I made anything mixed media and I must say I had a lot of fun.  I already have another couple of ladies in the works.  hee hee  Oh, and someone suggested I start naming these lovelies.  Thoughts?

Be sure and stop by the Your Memories Here store and check out all the new goodies coming in from CHA.     And, please excuse our mess as we get everything into the store and reorganized.

Hugs.

Nancy

Your Memories Here Items 

2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

You should definitely start naming them! What a gorgeous, gorgeous project girlie!

Unknown said...

A cute project. I really liked it. It has given me many new inspiring ideas. You are really good at making Mixed Media Dolls. You should try these amazing doll stencils too. I got them and they seem perfect.
http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Media-Collage-Doll-Stencils/dp/B00IQRT4N8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1407748209&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Mixed+Media+Doll+Stencils