Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pack Your Bags and Scoot to Hydrangea Hippo


Hi everyone! Today I wanted  to share with you a few projects I made with the Hydrangea Hippo Pack Your Bags and Scoot crafting kit that was featured over on the Hydrangea Hippo blog a few weeks ago.

When I saw this kit I loved the fun colors and embellishments and couldn't wait to start creating.  In the end, I was amazed at the variety of projects I was able to create.

Although this paper line from Echo Park seems geared toward younger children, I found that the colors and patterns when mixed with the kit embellishments were perfect for my older teen and started out with a 12x12 layout.
The sticker sheets and papers in this kit contained many train and travel related elements, so I decided to use my Cricut to cut a mini album in a train shape to feature a few of the photos from our cross country train trip.  Yes, this was just a few years ago.....look at those baby faces.  hee hee
 
And finally, for something completely different I decided to create a rose topiary as a bit of home decor.  I used my Tim Holtz pinecone die with my Sizzix and lots of the papers in the kit to make the roses.  I punched my butterflies out of the playing cards and then layered on the trims.  Hydrangea Hippo always has the most gorgeous trims.....


I still can't believe the variety of projects I was able to make with this kit.  From beautiful, spring, home decor, a project for an older teen, to a mini album filled with photos of my children when they were younger, this kit offers something for everyone.

Be sure and grab your kit today and get started creating.

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

The topiary is especially gorgeous! I love how you took a boy themed kit and made it work with your shabby chic style. Wonderful!!