Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Astronomy

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great day!!!  Me...getting ready for the transit of Venus.  I have always been interested in astronomical events and these last few weeks haven't disappointed.  First the Solar Eclipse, and today the transit.  In just a few hours I will lug my huge ole telescope out to the yard so that we can watch.  And yes, I have a solar filter...I will not (and you shouldn't either) ruin my eyes looking at the sun.

A few weeks ago we watched the solar eclipse and I had to of course take photos...which meant this....
 goodness...who knew that taking photos thru the eyepiece of a telescope would be so difficult.  lol
Mackenzie of course refused to let me take any photos of her...sigh.  Hopefully today!

I used some old miscellaneous Fancy Pants papers to complete this layout, along with some brads from Echo Park left over from my Sampler kit.

Well, back to work for me.

hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Yes, Mom. I promise I won't look directly at the sun. LOL

I love your page. It's BEAUTIFUL. I still have telescope envy.

Emily D. said...

Wow.. that is so neat how you were able to take photos through your telescope. I would love to see pictures of the transit if you got some! We don't own a telescope, but would like to eventually so that we can get a better view of things such as this!