Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Great Weekend

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a great week.  Can you believe it is already August?  Time is going by so fast.  Summer is almost over!  Soon the children will be back to school and there is so much still to do, and not nearly enough days to enjoy!  Where did the beach time, the water park time go?  I guess it was all spent at the pool.

Anywho...one of the things I did find time for was a class at my LSS with Tim Holtz.




This was his Creative Blocks class.  Lots of Tim Holtz papers, distress inks, crackle paints and ideaology. Super fun....we even were able to play with beeswax.  It was amazing how we all started out with the same supplies, and yet each person's project was totally unique.

I have also managed to make a few pages.

This first one is from Mackenzie's dance class.  She has decided not to continue with the ballet, but instead to go back to competitive swimming.  There is hidden journaling talking about the decision.  Originally this was supposed to be for the Glitz Designs challenge, but I didn't get it posted in time.  I used lots of Glitz goodies, some old naked Basic Grey chipboard, and a Pencil Lines sketch.
Glitz Designs Papers and stamps, Prima Marketing flowers and lace, Basic Grey Chipboard, Tim Holtz Distress Ink.
And here are the girls, at the start.  Well, the start of their races...one of many that weekend.  I think they each competed in 9 individual events over the course of the three day meet.  I used some old Little Yellow Bicycle papers for this, a few epoxies made with my Epiphany Crafts tool, as well as a Sassy Lil' Sketch.  Such a different look from the one above.  hee hee
Little Yellow Bicycle papers and border stickers, American Crafts alpha and journaling block,  Epiphany Crafts epoxy, The Twinery twine, unknown buttons, ribbon trim.
Well, I have another project to share tomorrow for Your Memories Here.  Hope you have time to drop by.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Kristina said...

GORGEOUS Nancy! I love your class project. There is just so much to look at, I could stare at it for hours :)
Fabulous layouts, where does the time go anyway?

Hugs,
Kristina
Your Memories Here

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Woow lucky you!!! I ould love to know Tim and be on one of his classes.
Your layouts are so beautiful my friend!!

Heather Landry said...

I think all of your projects are gorgeous. I left a comment on your pages on Sb.com! I hope you had a blast at your Tim class. The final project is just awesome!

sarah said...

muhaha. i'm a scary doll, and i live in your purse. :)

lol.

hugs,
sarah.