Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Missing Magnets

Hi everyone.  Well, I told you I would be back today with a fun home decor project, and here I am.

As you know, I recently remodeled my kitchen.  And, as is the style, I went with stainless steel appliances.   Unfortunately, magnets don't stick to stainless steel, so I needed to come up with a place to hang my grocery pad and other bits of paper.

I popped into my local hardware store and found a piece of sheet metal for the great price of $6.00 and spray painted it black.
I added a few sheets of patterned paper.  Helpful hint:  be sure and use thin papers as you want your magnets to stick and hold down other paper items.
Jenni Bowlin patterned papers
Next, I added a few fun embellishments.  I didn't use too many and kept them to the corners as I did want this item to be functional as well as pretty.  These beautiful flowers and leaves came from the Your Memories Here store. I also used a piece of Prima Marketing lace that I spritzed with a bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to set off the different patterned papers.

Prima Marketing flowers and leaves.  Jenni Bowlin and Maya Road stick pins.

And here is the final project....
I mounted it to the cabinet that holds my refrigerator with Command Adhesive so as not to mar the surface.  The clock and the "white board" are also mounted this way.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,

Nancy

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I love it!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a cool project! I did not know that about stainless steel!

Heather Landry said...

Very cool project! It's so shabby and pretty. I'm sure it blends perfectly with your kitchen decor. Thanks for the tutorial Nancy!

Laurie,

Don't feel bad. I didn't know either!

cinmfoster said...

Love this project. Thanks for sharing.
Cindy F