Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You Light Me Up - Your Memories Here

Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you a bit of home decor for Halloween.  I have had a little night light lamp for years, and although I love the shabby chic shade it came with, I felt the need to do something more festive for Halloween.  Of course, having some old chandelier shades lying around the house and some gorgeous goodies from my Your Memories Here grab bag didn't have anything to do with this spark of creativity.  lol
 
I began with the old chandelier shade that I misted with a bit of Glimmer Mist in Pumpkin Spice to change the color and add a bit of sparkle.  I then added bits of lace and trim as well as some beautiful Prima blossoms and bit of bling.
Do not use hot glue for this project!  I know it seems like it would be the perfect adhesive, but when the lamp heats up the glue will soften and your beautiful goodies may fall off.  I really like Helmar Quick Dry for these types of projects.
Well, everyone here just loves this shade and I hope you do to.  Now Ainsley is encouraging me to make one for each holiday.  Good thing these types of shades come in packs of 5.  hee hee

Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Alison said...

It's gorgeous! The pumpkin spice color is absolute perfection!!

Heather Landry said...

Shut up! This is so cool!!! I totally agree with Ainsley. You should make one for each holiday. SO awesome!!!