Sunday, December 5, 2010

Phew - Holiday Paper

What a weekend!  It was a really good one, I got a lot done, and much of it had to do with playing with paper.

Friday night I snuck over to Memories Live On to check out Holly's take on the Tim Holtz tags and see what card she was making.  Well, while I was there she handed me a few pieces of paper to play with for the store and guess what happened next?

I couldn't wait to get home and bust out my Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge to get to work.
IOD by Creative Imaginations and Graphic 45 papers.



Lots of fun papers, stickles, Martha Stewart glitter, and a bit of diamond dust....so fun to make.

Well, then, Ainsley decided she needed to have a Christmas tree in her room.  And, being that I already have three other trees in the house, who was I to say no?  And, since we already had a few artificial trees boxed up in the garage....Well, the only real problem was, we had no ornaments.  I hadn't set up the 18" tree in years.  Well, Tim Holtz and Twisted Papers to the rescue.  I had downloaded some awesome vintage Santa Images and with the Tim Holtz fragments and a bit of glossy accents.....
Ainsley was even able to do most of the work herself.  She would have been able to do everything, but in the interest of saving time, we went with the exacto knife to cut the images as opposed to scissors.
Ainsley had the best time making these.  She did the gluing and the sanding of the edges.  

Oh, I also made my Christmas cards...but not sharing till after they are in the mail.  And I made a Christmas present, again, not showing till I give it away.  Add to that piles of laundry and tons of housework and I would say it was a very productive weekend.

Well, off to finish tidying up.  Hope you had a productive weekend as well.

Hugs.

Nancy




4 comments:

holly* said...

oh i love the little houses! they came out amazing! and Ainsley's ornaments are adorable!

KellyCali said...

Very cute projects! Loving the Tim H fragment ornament tags! Also, Congrats on completing all your Holiday cards! Merry Christmas! XO

Scrappycath said...

Love the village and the tags! Sounds like an awesome weekend!!!

Heather Landry said...

Ainsley's little ornaments are adorable. You are such an awesome Momma for helping her make them. Your village is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful project!