Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday almost got away from me

but...I am here.  dinner is on the stove, and I have a week of menus to share.

Yep...Menu Monday!

Monday we had this yummy soup I got of off Pioneer Woman's blog a month or so ago...Corn Chowder with Chilies.  Ainsley wasn't much of a fan. I think there were too many chipotles in it for her...the rest of us tho...mmmmmmmm

Tuesday I made simple pasta bolognese.    Delicious for a cold rainy evening.

Wednesday I made an adaptation of my good friend Valerie's New Mexican Green Pork Chili.  Again, Ainsley thinks it is too spicey, everyone else loves it.

Thursday Phil had to work late, so I went for super simple.  Sandwiches and Salad.  Everyone had their favorite toasted on the panini grill.

And Friday?  What was I thinking when I set out to make Paul Prudhome's jambalaya.  Well, not exactly his, because that would have involved chicken fat and tasso...both of which I don't usually cook with.  We settled for some olive oil and andouille.  Yummmmm!


So, this weeks recipe?  How about Valerie's Chili?

New Mexican Style Green Chili

2 pounds roasted New Mexican (or Anaheim) Green Chilies
2 large roasted red bell peppers
2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste

Brown pork in a Dutch Oven.  Add other ingredients, mix well.  Bring to a boil, then simmer with lid on for 1 1/2 hours.  Serve with fresh hot tortillas and shredded cheese.

How easy is that?

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Well it all looks good to me! Ainsley doesn't know what's good! LOL I hope you are having fun in Disney. Thanks so much for thinking of Brandon earlier. You totally made his day!