Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspired by My Trash


Hi everyone, as promised I am here today with a mini album I was inspired to make for the Your Memories Here blog.  I became inspired when I came across some corrugated cardboard while unwrapping some sheets for Ainsley's room redo.  Guess it is a good thing the sheets had extra packaging.  hee hee Funny the things that inspire us sometimes.
Prima Flights of Fancy, Fairytale roses, mini roses, Sweet Taffy , Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  
I stripped some of the paper off the cardboard, painted it white and then spritzed on a bit of Glimmer Mist to color the base.  I added some beautiful Prima butterflies from a piece of the Flights of Fancy paper, stickers from the same collection, some lovely Prima flowers,  gorgeous lace, and a bit of a flourish and a Tattered Angels tag that I also colored with Glimmer Mist.
Prima Flights of Fancy and Pastiche papers, journaling card
I filled my mini with more beautiful Prima papers from both the Flights of Fancy and Pastiche collections, fussy cutting many butterflies from the Miss Pretty butterfly sheet.
Prima Pastiche and Flights of Fancy papers, flower, pearl, Tattered Angels tag, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
I used a few different colors of Glimmer Mist and a paint brush to color my tag to coordinate with my mini album as well as color my seam binding.
Prima Flights of Fancy and Pastiche papers, Sweet Taffy flower
 Just because you only have a small sheet of paper, don't not use it.  This scrap was just large enough to be a 1/2 page in my book.  I think different sized pages help keep things interesting.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Prima Stamps, Sweet Taffy Flower, Mni Rose
One of my new favorite things to do is to mist old book pages with a cream glimmer mist and then use some stamps to accent the page.  Since the paper is a little thin to bind, I added a strip of paper to the edge to increase the weight.
As usual, I have no idea what I am going to use the album for, but I loved making it and sharing it with you.

Hugs.

nancy

5 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I love that you were inspired by your trash.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your album is so precious!!

LisiB said...

There is NOTHING that you would not be able to turn into something fabulous! Love the mini - looks so pretty

sandi said...

Wow! Love what you've created here! Simply gorgeous!

Heather Landry said...

Well my trash never looks that good! LOL I love your mini book. Maybe you could give it to M and let her insert photos and write journaling?