Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hooray for Long Weekends

Hi everyone.  Lots planned here today, not all fun...totally need to tidy my office/scraproom.  With all the scrapbooking, school starting, and the end of swim season...goodness...the mess!  But, there is some fun in store and I plan on doing a little mess making today and tomorrow as well.

Before I am off to do some errands tho, I wanted to pop in and share a few recent projects.

This first one is Ainsley playing in the beaver pond in Stanley Park (Vancouver).  They had a few docents with lots of little goodies including a telescope, nets, and microscopes so that the children could explore the environment.  Ainsley of course jumped right in and was ready to play.  She didn't catch much in her net, mostly bugs...but it was very scenic and there were pretty flowers, turtles, and the beaver dam to look at.
Pink Paislee Daily Junque collection, Prima flowers, Maya road flowers, American Crafts alphabet, Misc. lace.
And you have seen this photo before.  This is the South Sawyer Glacier in the Tracy Arm, Alaska.  Stunning.  Simply amazing how massive these glaciers are.  Such a shame that many will never have a chance to see them as they are rapidly receding.  To give you some perspective, the crevasses are 300 feet deep and the seracs are also a few hundred feet tall.  Needless to say, the idea of walking on these glaciers is not smart.  You need some serious ice climbing equipment.   I promise, it is straight in real life.  I wish I could get my scanner stitching again, but alas, for now I must deal with photos and keystone distortion.  sigh
Authentique papers, Pink Paislee alphabet, vinyl.
Anyway...off to run a few errands.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs.

Nancy

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Awww come on! Keystone distortion is fun. Right? LOL I always find myself griping about it too. My scanner never did work right. Sigh. Your layout is beautiful! Perfect papers.