Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Guest DT for June

I was so thrilled to be asked to be the June guest designer over at Your Memories Here.   They have a great shop with fabulous prices and many of my favorite products.  If you haven't ever checked them out, you should!

I will be blogging on Tuesdays for the rest of the month there, so you are guaranteed to see some scrappy goodness from me each Tuesday this month.  Gotta love commitment, it forces me to produce.  lol

My first project was this.....Based on a Sketchy Thursdays Sketch.


Yep, that's Ainsley again....being her sassy self.  That photo was too cute not to scrap.  hee hee.  Lots of fun goodies from the YMH store including the papers, Glimmer mist (did I mention they have great prices), the fun little stamp, some Prima roses, and a new fave of mine....tear drops.

I used a few favorite techniques; making my own flowers, this one just a simple circle cut like pie and crumpled with a rose in the middle; using packaging, gotta reduce, reuse, recycle;  lol  and some flourishes and a font cut on the Cricut.  Oh, and can't forget a spritz of Glimmer Mist on the background.

Well, I have a few other scrappy goodies this week, but nothing yet to share.  Busy, busy, busy with swim and settling into our summer routine.  Did I mention I hate mornings.  ugggghhhh

Don't forget to check out the Your Memories Here store and blog.

Hugs.

Nancy

11 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Congrats on the GDT girlie! Totally deserved! That layout is awesome! And I hate mornings too! Did you realize I'm only 11 followers ahead of you now?

Kristina said...

Beautiful layout! Very creative use of the products,just AWESOME. I {heart} Sketchy Thursdays' sketches too.

Heather said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot. Love the layout, that picture is too cute!

lisa said...

I love that sassy LO. The flowers look fab.
Thanks for playing along x

Michelle said...

What a fun page!!! CONGRATS on the DT spot!!! See!! I knew things would start popping up for you!! Your work is great!!!

Nati Tristan said...

Congratulations friend!! But no surprise.. Your work is FAB! So it's no wonder they want you! ;o) And that page is no exception.. I love how creative you are with those flowers! They look absolutely stunning and FUN! Perfect for that picture!

Diana Fisher said...

Hi Nancy!!! Great take on the sketch, love those flowers!

heidi said...

love the colors on this l/o and that pic is great!

sarah said...

tear drops!!! i love those! :)

and congrats on that GDT gig! :) you totally deserve it.

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT spot!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeee Your Memories here!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this lo...those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Scrapenabler said...

Great layout!