Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Metallic Tags - Your Memories Here

Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you a few tags I made using some Ranger Distress Stains and miscellaneous goodies (many from my Prima Grab Bag at Your Memories Here) I had lying on my desk.   This is a fun technique and I can't wait to share it with you.

You will need some Distress Stains, including the newer Metallic stains, a craft mat, and your tag.
Add a bit of the colored stain and the metallic stain side by side...don't worry, the stains are designed not to pick up other colors, so you won't contaminate your bottle if the two colors mix.
 Run your tag through the puddle of mist.  Remember that Distress Stains are water based, so if you want the colors to blend and flow a bit more, you can just spritz with a bit of water.
 Don't forget...you can also stain a bit of ribbon or seam binding to match.
And here are my finished tags.  I used my Prima Press to stamp out the "to/froms" along with lots of goodies from my grab bag.  I always love having a mix of fun goodies around to add to projects like this.
 Just look at the gorgeous sparkle and shine on what would have otherwise been a plain, red tag.
 And a bit of green....
 You can mix the different metallics with the same stains to get a variety of textures and colors.
I am doing all brown paper packages this year under the tree and hope that these tags hope to brighten things up a bit.

Hugs.

Nancy

You can find the products I used here:  At the Your Memories Here store.





1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

These tags are awesome! I especially love the metallic treatment. Really beautiful projects.