Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

Hi everyone!  Sorry I have been MIA for a few days.  The family and I have been having some much needed family time and celebrating the holiday.  It is so hard to imagine that next year, Brighton will be off at school and so we are doing a lot of family stuff.  Movies, games, just hanging out and talking.....

Today tho, I wanted to share with you some Christmas projects I made for Hydrangea Hippo using the Vintage Mistletoe kit.


I chose to start with an advent calendar.  Lili doesn't have one so I knew I wanted to create onefor her.  Being that she is still very young, I kept it simple.
Twenty-five simple rosettes, accented with some a few of the cute embellishments from the kit with magnets on the back...
 And of course lots of glitter on the numbers that I cut using my Cricut machine
helped make this calendar simple, yet elegant.  Something my sister can proudly hang in her house, but still can be played with.
My second project is a mini album to house my December Daily photos.  I had been following a list I found on Pinterest...and although I have yet to print any of the photos that go inside, this year I did manage to take most of them.  lol  I just am not a December Daily person I guess.
 Again, lots of the fun embellishments and trims help decorate my cover
 and bits of the stickers, trims...
 and fussy cutting round out my pages.  I really love the mix of papers and embellishments in this kit.
 A simple binding with my Bind-it-All holds it all together.
Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

You did a wonderful job with this kit. The advent calendar is wonderful and I really love the December Daily album. Don't worry, I'm not a December Daily person either.

LisiB said...

Oh, Nancy! These are wonderful projects! Where will Brighton go? I am sure he is perfectly prepared to tackle whatever he wants thanks to your dedicated teaching!
Hugs!