Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Sampler - Dye It

Hi everyone!  Sorry I missed you yesterday, but it was crazy around here.  We got my scrap room painted on Mother's Day, but that meant yesterday I spent the day putting everything back in its place.  I think I may make too many things.  lol  Well, more about my scrap room in a bit.....
Today I wanted to share with you a project I made using this month's kit from the Sampler, Two Scoops.  I love, love, love the colors in this kit.  So bright and springy.  
The Hambly transparency was just perfect to add a bit of depth and texture to my layout.  And I used a bit of baker's twine left over from my April kit.
Wood buttons, gorgeous colors and cute decorated brads were just perfect for the sketch I received from my good friend Heather.  There is still time to enter the April sketch and card challenges at the Sampler.  And later this week we will have the May challenges up.

OK, so onto my scraproom and our winner.....

Last Thursday, I stopped at the Ace Hardware next to the pool because they carry my favorite Benjamin Moore Paint; and found a lovely, bright summery yellow called Sundance.  Well, the Ace next to my house has a different display unit, so I couldn't find the color I was looking for.  I picked up the phone and called Phil, who unfortunately remembered the name of the color as Sunburst.  Well, needless to say, the Sunburst was just a bit too bright, almost like a yellow highlighter....so we had to start over.  At least we had only painted one wall.  lol

So, now the room is a bright, but not too bright, sunny yellow and everything is back in place.  I think I need to open an etsy shop or something to share all the goodies (mini books and off the page projects) I have been making.

So, our winner of the 52 Challenges book is....

Heather.  So, Heather....send me your mailing information and I will get your book out to you.

Hugs.

Nancy



4 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

You did such an amazing job with this kit and with Heather's sketch! I love it! I am so happy to be on her DT with you!

Heather Landry said...

I will definitely send you my info. I'm so excited to have won! Thanks so much for the neat giveaway, and also... thanks so much for participating on my blog. You so totally rock!

cnelson said...

SO FUN! So FABULOUS! LOVIN' the kite!!

Izzy Anderson said...

This is super cute. Bright and fun.