Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Bit of Spring

Hi Everyone.

A few weeks ago, Punxsutawney Phil popped out of his hole and declared that spring was on its way.  Well, not here.   Last week, it was cold, and rainy, and completely icky outside.  I decided to brighten my day by creating a bit of sunshine for my home.


I found these little birdhouses in the wood section of my local Michaels store.  With just a few scraps of beautiful papers (including some gorgeous Prima), bits of ribbon and lace, and of course a few Prima flowers, and  bling, I was able to create a fun little home decor project to brighten up my home.

I started by using some mist on the base of the houses. Then cut the papers to size.    

Prima Papers, Lace, Mini Roses, Shimmerz Mist

I added bits of trim
Pebbles Papers, Doodlebug ribbon, Maya Road pleated trim, Prima Mini Rose, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

some flowers and bling
My Minds Eye Papers, Prima trim, bling and rose

And I was finished.  I really wish I could find some teeny birds to perch...but no such luck.

These little houses really brighten my day when I walk by them.  The first house, Ainsley is trying to steal for her room.  The Pebbles house is heading to Memories Live On, and the third house, well, I think that one I am keeping for myself.  hee hee

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, spring is definitely NOT on its way here. I can tell you that for sure! Sunday... white out conditions. You could not see anything, it was snowing that hard. More snow to come. March is our snowiest month.. yuck! I think I need to make a few more birdhouses to brighten my house!!! These are adorable!

Heather Landry said...

The first birdhouse is my favorite! Ainsley has great taste! I love them all but that one reminds me of a fairy tale castle turret! LOL I'm sorry you've been so cold. It makes me feel kinda guilty about my 80 degree sunshiny weather.