Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finally....

I know I promised to be back today, and here I am.  It was a crazy busy day here....but instead of complaining about it...let's just get to the good stuff.

Brighton and Ainsley had a swim meet this weekend which was tons of fun, especially on Saturday when the temps were in the upper 40s and it poured rain.  Well, since it wasn't exactly good viewing weather, I stayed home and managed to get quite a few chores done.  Sunday was beautiful.  So I went to the meet and actually watched my children swim.  So fun!  Chatted a bit with some friends, watched Brighton and Ainsley both get a few new A times, and had a lovely day.

Thanks goodness for the long weekend though.  Monday, with Phil being off work, allowed me some much needed creative time.  I have a post tomorrow over at Your Memories Here using some of the gorgeous trims, glimmer mists, flowers and bling.  So be sure and be back then.  I also have these two layouts over at Ideas for Scrapbookers.  This week's designer showcase is ribbons.  I have been crazy for pleated ribbons lately, so I decided to make these.

This is Ainsley, posing with her new Christmas ornament, before we put it on the tree.  See that big, red rose?  It was made with some Maya Road pleated ribbon.  So quick and easy to make, and the texture is fabulous.
Basic Grey papers, My Minds Eye alphabet, Prima mini roses

And here is another layout of Ainsley.  These photos are from a few years back.  I was doing something in the office, and she came in a mess.  So, I told her to go into the bathroom and get cleaned up.  Well, she did.  She filled the pedestal sink with water and bubbles, and climbed right in.  What a goof!  lol  She thought she was so clever sitting in her 3 inches of water.

Pink Paislee paper, pleated trim, gem, Prima flowers, pearls, leaves.  Martha Stewart border punch, Tim Holtz distress inks. Webster's Pages journaling card, Wilson cake doily, Unkown lace

I am so hoping that tomorrow is a better day.  I will be back to share the project I made for Your Memories Here.  Until then.......

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

love your 2 layouts...the pictures are all adorable!

Michelle said...

Well, one thing hasn't changed... Ainsley is still a ham!!! hee!hee! Very pretty pages!!