Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day

Morning everyone.  I can't believe how quickly Valentine's Day is upon us.  I am still no where near ready. What does one get for a 15 year old boy anyway?

With the help of a few tools and supplies from the Your Memories Here store and a Sassy Lil' Card Sketch, I was quickly able to put this card together.  Unfortunately, I think it is too girlie for that 15 year old boy.  Lucky for me I have a few daughters.  lol
Bazzil cardstock, Prima flowers, lace and patterned paper, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Pink Paislee Chipboard, Creative Imaginations rub on, Martha Stewart punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder

I used a bit of Tattered Angels glimmer mist on the mini roses and lace to color them to my monochromatic theme and quickly embossed my card stock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The card came together in a short period of time and I am sure one of my girls will love it.

Speaking of daughters, there are bunches of layouts at Ideas for Scrapbookers today in a showcase of Valentine's themed layouts.  This layout is of the two girls at a Valentine's Day party a few years back.  
Bazzil cardstock, Cosmo Cricket patterned papers, Webster's Pages lace, 3tailscraft chipboard, AC Thickers, Misc buttons and ribbon.

This layout is for a few challenges over at Scrapbook.com and I swear it is straight in real life.  It features a fun owl from 3tailscraft.  The weight of the chipboard was great and took ink, mist, and paint very nicely.  I hope to get my hands on more of it soon.

Well, that is all I have to share today.  I will be back tomorrow with more scrappy goodness.  

Oh, and now to figure out what to do for my son.  sigh  If you have any ideas.....

Hugs.

Nancy



1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Buy Brighton some candy and a cheesy singing Hallmark card. No matter what you get... He's a boy and it's a "girlie" holiday. LOL I think your card and your layout are both darling!