Saturday, August 21, 2010

Turning Templates into....

If you have been following my blog for a while you know how much I love using sketches.  You probably also have noticed that I am not very digi oriented.  As a matter of fact, I stink at digi layouts.  But there are so many great products out there that use digi, I can't resist giving it a go every now and then.

Pammy challenged the designers for Ideas For Scrapbookers to use a gorgeous template she designed.  You can find the template here.  Well, being that I don't do digi I turned the template into a sketch and went to work.  It was quite a challenge because our Northern California beaches aren't your typical sunshiney (is that a word) beaches.  Papers and embellishments are hard to come by.  But I tried.....


Ainsley loves going to the beach, she doesn't care that it is cold, that we are all wearing our sweatshirts and wrapped in blankets.  She is there to have fun in the sand (note I don't say sun, because frankly, there isn't any most days.  lol) and surf.  She loves the ocean and you can hear her screams of delight for miles.  Oh to be a kid again.

Well, be sure to hop over to Ideas for Scrapbookers and check out the other designers takes on Pam's wonderful design.

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

Love this on so many levels! My In-laws have a beach house in Nor Cal that we frequent and I have so many pics printed but have yet to scrap hardly any of them because of this exact reason, no sun... so none of those bright papers seem to fit! LOL! Gorgeous lo! Thanks for sharing! I also LOVE a good sketch! Great idea to tweek the template!

Heather Landry said...

I totally adore the colors you went with for this! P.S. I totally think your version of the sketch kicks my version's butt!

Kristina said...

Great layout Nancy. I love the colors in your patterned papers.
Hugs