Friday, May 1, 2015

How to Bling out Your Name

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday.  I hope you have great plans for the weekend.  Things here shoujld be pretty quiet, doing some work in the yard, getting everything ready for summer and backyard season.

Today I want to share with you a quick and easy project I made to decorate my niece's room.  She, like lots of little girls, love things sparkly, and the adhesive rhinestone stickers from The Buckle Boutique make creating so simple.

I happened to have a bunch of these empty wood embellishment boxes lying around and decided that one would make a cute home decor item.  I began by choosing four different colors of the rhinestone sticker sheets.  There are so many patterns and colors to choose from, I am sure you will find the perfect one for your project.  Lili is a bit partial to green and teal these days.
 
These sheets are so easy to cut, all you need is a pair of scissors.  I simply measured the interior of each box and cut the rhinestones to fit.  Don't worry, if your measurements fall in the center of one of the rhinestones, your scissors will easily cut through.
From there, it was simply a matter of embellishment.  Of course her name, cut with my Sizzix and some Core'dinations papers, a few flowers and resin embellishments.  And finally, a new item from The Buckle Boutique, Silver Waffle Flatback Embellishments.    I really love the way this turned out and I can't wait to share it with her.

Hugs.

No comments: