Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mixed Media Bag

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share with you a quick project I made using my Prima flower grab bagGlimmer Mist, and some Stickles.  Each grab bag is filled with a mixture of gorgeous blooms just waiting to embellish all of your projects.

For this project I selected a small canvas tote I picked up in the dollar bin.
The large flower I melted a bit with my heat tool to give it a bit more dimension.  Be careful, you don't want to burn your flower, just melt the fibers a bit.  (although, a little scorching around the edges gives it a lovely shabby chic feel.
Finally, I added a wood icon from Prima.  I really just can't seem to get enough of these little treasures lately.

Hugs.

Nancy

6 comments:

Heather Landry said...

You know, the bag matches your blog perfectly. LOL It's such a beautiful project. I even like the pink! ;0P

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

This bag is gorgeous! I love Prima ^_^

~Vanessa W

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your tote bag project, Nancy! Very pretty.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful!!! Lovely project!

LisiB said...

Finally catching up on my favorite blogs! Nancy, this bag is so cute! You really have a good eye for adding the perfect embellishments.

Hope you are doing ok - are you homeschooling year round or are you taking a break?
Big hugs
Lisi

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I absolutely love your little bag and how you altered it is so beautiful!!!! (Been missing MMD's - it was good to hear from you!!!!)