Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Misting Fabric

Hi everyone!!!  Last Saturday was National Scrapbook Day for many of us and I managed to convince my family to give me a bit of a break so I could play with my supplies.  I found a fun challenge over on Scrapbook.com and decided to participate.  The challenge was to make a mini album featuring yourself.  I love mini albums so this was right up my alley.  Lots of great products from the Your Memories Here store made the album come together quickly.

I started with some plain canvas, three of my favorite colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a water sprayer.

The first thing I did was spray my fabric with water to dampen.

 Then I began spraying with color.  Starting with the darkest color, the one I wanted on the bottom.....

then adding my next color, being sure to overlap a bit....

And finally the color I wanted on top.

I then took a 1 inch paintbrush and blended the colors.  After all the water and mist, the fabric was quite damp and it was easy to blend the colors just how I wanted.

Here is my final, dyed fabric.  Starting with a damp fabric really helps the colors flow and blend.

From there, I dry brushed a bit of white paint over the top and inked the edges.  I glued the fabric to chipboard for the cover of my album and with the help of my Bind it All....


a few Prima flowers and leaves, a Prima Journaling Card, Prima alphabet, and some gorgeous Vintage Trinkets and my album was finished.

I will be back tomorrow to share the inside pages.  Not all of them are complete and some of the journaling is a secret...but you know me...I love to share!

Hope you are having a great day!

Hugs.

Nancy

5 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

NANCY! I love this tutorial! You are so talented! I finally got a glimpse of your craft area! (although I wish to see more of it please lol). Thanks for being so fab as always!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

OMGoodness, this is gorgeous. Love the mists on canvas. You did a great job with the tutorial too.

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm definitely going to be trying this technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carla said...

What a great project........this might give me the Kick in the butt to use the 20 plus mists that I have sitting on a shelf. LOL

Heather Landry said...

Thanks so much for sharing this Nancy! I always wondered how you blended colors so well!