Sunday, May 16, 2010

Holding Out

If you are looking for the post about my RAK, please look here.

My good friend Heather  thinks I have been holding out on her, not teaching her some favorite tricks....so I did this layout and tutorial for her.  She is such a sweetie for posting my blog candy over on her blog, how could I deny her.  hee hee  It didn't turn out quite as I had envisioned but.....



I have been doing a lot of these flowers lately.  The are so cute, so fun, use up scraps and work on both masculine and feminine pages.  And my favorite part...they are super simple to make.

I start with a square piece of paper.  A six inch square will make about a two and one-half inch flower.  Smaller squares make smaller flowers.



I start by cutting my paper into a spiral.

I make the spiral about 1/4 inch thick.

Begin by rolling from the outside of the spiral.


Continue rolling until you get almost to the center of the spiral.

When you get to the center of the spiral, apply adhesive to the circle.

Hold for a few minutes while you wait for the glue to set.  (I like to use zip dry or fabri-tac as they hold nicely and spread evenly).


If you like, you can use a sanding block to distress the top of the flower or dry brush some paint.

So, Heather...there ya go.  And for everyone else...have fun!  lol

Hugs.

Nancy

10 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Finally!!! Whooo hoo! I will TOTALLY be making these in the immediate future. I'm glad you quit holding out on me!!! LOL

Heather Landry said...

Okay... so. I made a flower, but it's so dimensional I can't figure out how I'd get it in a page protector? LMAO Maybe I made my spiral too wide?

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a pretty Lo,love the papers and your flowers rock!!!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to try these, as I too have been wondering how they were made!!! So... thanks for sharing!!! :D

Diana Joy said...

Fabulous layout. I love the interesting elements on it and your flowers are great. Thanks for the tutorial.

Joy said...

If you make the spiral 1/4 inch they really aren't that tall, Heather I bet ya must've made the spiral to thick. These are so cool. I'm not a fan of the lollipop style flowers, these are more what I'd like to use on DD's layouts. I'm thinking combos of black and red and black and gold flowers.

Anonymous said...

I love those flowers! They're gorgeous! I've tried making them like that but they never turn out right. I think this layout is fantastic!!

Kristina said...

Awesome tutorial, can't wait to try it!
Thanks,
Kristina
Your Memories Here

Unknown said...

Great page. Those flowers are fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial!

Charlene said...

OKAY so I am 4 yrs late--just wondering did you use paper that is printed on both sides? Sheet music would be awesome. I think I'll experiment with magazine ads.