Sunday, May 16, 2010

Holding Out

If you are looking for the post about my RAK, please look here.

My good friend Heather  thinks I have been holding out on her, not teaching her some favorite tricks....so I did this layout and tutorial for her.  She is such a sweetie for posting my blog candy over on her blog, how could I deny her.  hee hee  It didn't turn out quite as I had envisioned but.....



I have been doing a lot of these flowers lately.  The are so cute, so fun, use up scraps and work on both masculine and feminine pages.  And my favorite part...they are super simple to make.

I start with a square piece of paper.  A six inch square will make about a two and one-half inch flower.  Smaller squares make smaller flowers.



I start by cutting my paper into a spiral.

I make the spiral about 1/4 inch thick.

Begin by rolling from the outside of the spiral.


Continue rolling until you get almost to the center of the spiral.

When you get to the center of the spiral, apply adhesive to the circle.

Hold for a few minutes while you wait for the glue to set.  (I like to use zip dry or fabri-tac as they hold nicely and spread evenly).


If you like, you can use a sanding block to distress the top of the flower or dry brush some paint.

So, Heather...there ya go.  And for everyone else...have fun!  lol

Hugs.

Nancy
Post a Comment