Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organizing

You know that feeling?  When the 20 or so boxes of Christmas decorations have been put away.  Everything looks so clean and uncluttered.....and then you look around and you know you need to organize a few things?  LOL

That is the way it is around here right now.  First, it was the kitchen.  Emptied every drawer and cabinet, cleaned them, got rid of a few things.  Felt so good.  Then, the toys.  Spent some time going thru the Bratz, Barbies, putting them away (not just thrown onto a shelf) in the containers that had been purchased for them.  Then it happened....organizing the scrap stash.

You would think, as much as I love organizing, as much time as I spend cleaning, that keeping the stash tidy would be a cinch.  I have the tools.  I have the technology.  Heck...I went to school for this.  A library is nothing if not organized.  I loved my cataloging classes.  Why, oh why is it so hard for me to organize my hobby?

Well, I got started....Made Phil add in a cute little shelf under my desk to hold punches and alphabet stickers (they are a disease I tell you).  Those Thickers somehow always find their way into my house.



Then Amanda came over to play and this happened.  lol


A shabby cozy for the clip it up.  Still needs some work.  Hitting Michael's for some hot pink ribbon soon to add to the top.  Not sure if it makes the clip it up look more huge than it is, but it definitely makes it less cluttered. 

And next?  Well, I really should do something with the suitcase full of kits.  hee hee


Well, enough about organizing for today.  I promise to be back soon with more tales from the holidays...wait till you see the photos of Ainsley! That child loves the camera. lol

Hugs.

3 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Yay for organizing! :) lol

Heather Landry said...

I'm over here shaking my head at the suitcase of kits! Jeez woman! You are so organized. I love your clip it up cozy!

Michelle said...

I am pretty organized too, and like it that way, but like you have the hardest time with my scrap stuff!! I have pulled out a bunch of stuff to be rid of! Gone thru toys and clothes. Finishing the basement and the kitchen is next!! I love your cover for your Clip It Up!! :)