Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Send It Clear with Clear Scraps and Ruby Rock-it

Hey everyone!  Hope you are having a great week.  Summer hear has been fun so far and I am dreading how quickly the time is flying.  I am not, repeat NOT ready for this fall, so those of you who keep posting on Facebook that there are only 190 more days till Christmas.  EEEEK  Stop it!  LOL

Anyway, today I wanted to share with you a simple little card I made using the  Clear Scraps Deco Send it Clear Card and the Rustic Charm collection from Ruby Rock-it



To add even more dimension and texture to the back ground paper I used a few of my favorite Mascils and some embossing paste and gel medium.
Step 1:  Spread gel medium over patterned paper using a palette knife and the 6" Chevron Mascil
 
Step 2:  When that dries, use embossing paste over the 6"Damask Mascal to add even more interest.
 
Step 3:  Add additional smears of embossing paste to add a bit more texture around the edges if desired.
If you like, you can add a few flecks of white mists or other colors to really enhance the texture.

I simply adore the colors in this collection, and the lovely pearl finish on these papers make them extra special.  Be sure and check out the Clear Scraps blog to see all the beautiful projects made with Ruby Rock-it and Clear Scraps this week.

Hugs.

No comments: