Friday, June 26, 2015

Patriotic Pinwheels

Hey everyone! Hooray for the almost weekend!  w00t w00t!

Ok well, enough of that..the fourth of July is coming and I had to share with you this fun little pinwheel I made using some older Echo Park paper and Rhinestone Sticker Sheets from the Buckle Boutique. that I cut with an older Sizzix die.

I started out by cutting and assembling the base for my pinwheel.
Begin with a square.  Fold your corners so that you get marks on the diagonals.  Cut in from the edge leaving about 1 inch to the center.
Then all you need to do is fold every other corner and gather at the center.  I used a brad to hold these corners down.

Now for the fun part.  Creating the rhinestone medallion in the center.  I used one of my Sizzix circle dies and the clear Dazzling Diamonds.  Love this sheet...totally my fave.  So versatile.
Then I cut the Sizzix flag with white cardstock, followed by blue and red Dazzling Diamonds rhinestone sticker sheets.
It is really easy to cut these gel rhinestones with a favorite pair of scissors.
I cut out the parts I needed and layered the flag pieces together.  Finishing with sticking them in the center of the circle.  Love!!!!
In the end I took out the white star I had cut and let the rhinestones show through from the back.  It was simple to add a nail through the papers and into a dowel to allow the pinwheel to spin.
Hugs. 

No comments: