Thursday, October 23, 2014

Trick or Treat

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share with you a bit of Halloween Decor, but don't worry if you don't have the supplies, this technique will work for any occasion.  I already have plans to make more of these.

 I love the look of chalkboard art.  But some of the tutorials seem so difficult, and my handwriting skills are often somewhat lacking.  So I came up with this super simple way to get the look without all the fuss.  All you need is one with a one of Clear Scraps Clear Craft Sheets, these sheets can be easily cut to size and shape, a white paint marker, and a printed graphic.  I chose to frame mine....

Step 1:  Print the desired graphic onto paper.  

Step 2:  Place Clear Craft Sheet over image and trace with your paint pen.  Clear Scraps sheets are crystal clear so you can easily trace your design.  So easy, right?   
All that is left is creating our background.

Step 3:  Chalk black cardstock.  I dropped an eraser onto my cardstock a number of times and then rubbed it in.


I wouldn't draw with the chalk directly onto the cardstock as that might be harder to smooth out to give you the 'chalkboard" finish.   What if you don't have an eraser full of chalkdust?  You can make chalkdust by scraping the chalk onto your cardstock with a plastic knife.

That's it.  Place your acrylic sheet into a frame, place the "chalkboard" behind it and you are done!  
Just think of all the fun "chalkboards" you can make.

Hugs

No comments: