Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time - Mixed Media Canvas

Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share with you a mixed media canvas I made using Multi-Purpose cloth from Roc-lon Fabrics.  This fabric was so easy to work with.  It has a nice weight and doesn't fray.  Well, enough about the fabric...

I  cut the fabric into an orchid shape, covered it in gesso and then went to work.  A few random letters...some beautiful Prima Metals , washi tape, chipboard, and letters, and then another layer of gesso to blend everything.  Gesso is definitely my friend when creating Mixed Media pieces.
Then the fun begins with different shades of mist from Lindsy's Stamp Gang.  Bits of Shabby Turbine Teal, Cape Cod Coral and Salt Water Taffy were my interpretation for the February color challenge on the Lindsy's Stamp Gang blog.
More embellishments, clock faces and hands from Prima as well as a few Prima page pebbles...and then more gesso.  lol
Oh, and I found this old ghost clock in my stash from Heidi Swapp.  And you know I had to add a few bits of Prima bling.  hee hee and a few blooms from my Hydrangea Hippo stash.
I always think...I would be so much better at...well, pretty much everything..if I only had more time.  So, this is a reminder for me to make time for the things I love.  I haven't figured out what I am going to do with it yet...maybe turn it into a pillow, or frame it?

Well, thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs.

2 comments:

Marjolaine said...

Absolutely gorgeous Nancy, you did a fabulous job on this project!

LisiB said...

This is truly amazing. Just love all the different layers, the textures and of course the colors!