Monday, February 3, 2014

Mixed Media with Creative Jump Start

Hi everyone!  Today I want to share with you a few projects I made for Creative Jump Start.  I have been having a great time watching the videos, learning some new techniques and relearning a few others.  What a great way to get the year started.  Gotta love new mixed media techniques

This first technique was one Nathalie shared... to use dusting pads (swiffer) to make embellishments.  What a cool texture those pads offer.  With the help of some Design Master Color Tool Spray I was able to get the pad to be a gorgeous blue.  Oh, and the Design Master Spray, left the fabric totally soft and pliable.  Gotta love that!

color tool, design master, the sampler, card

 Oh, hint, hint...this card also contains some goodies from the February kit from The Sampler.  hee hee
card, mixed media, color tool, design master, spray paint
 Next up, A fun tag featuring a technique using masking tape from Marjie Kemper...um, wait...masking tape?  All I have is painter's tape.  sigh  Well, I tried.  I wasn't quite as successful with this technique as I had to gesso over my blue painter's tape to get a uniform background.  And of course, in the process lost a lot of the texture of the tape.  Guess I will need to pick some tape up and try again
prima, bloom girl, tag, mixed media, tag
Don't you love that girl....she is a stamp from Prima, Jamie Daugherty's new Bloom Girls.  Love it!
tag, mixed media, bloom girl, jamie daugherty, prima
 The last project today was a quick and easy tag made with a packing tape transfer technique from Kaz Hall...yep, got plenty of that kind of tape.  lol.  I haven't done an image transfer in quite some time so this was super fun.
tag, tape, transfer, technique,
Well, that's it for me today.  I still have many ideas floating around in my head and hope to continue to be inspired all year by these videos.  Hope you had a crafty weekend.

Hugs.

3 comments:

Cuchy said...

beautiful art projects.
Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

These are gorgeous! thank you for playing and being part of CJS2014!

Heather Landry said...

I really hope you end up winning one of the giveaways! I voted for you.