Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More Getting Misty

For this technique you need to work fast, so have all your materials ready.  You will need your mist, a mask or stamp (for this I used a mask), your paper, embossing powder (I used clear UTEE) and a heat gun.  Don't forget that all your favorite Tattered Angels products are available and on sale right now at Your Memories Here.

I began by covering my mask with mist.  You can do this in one of two ways.  Spray your mat with the mist and then add your mask, or mist directly onto your mask.  I chose the later.
Then quickly place the mask ink side down onto your paper.
Remember I mentioned the working fast?  You will want to get the embossing powder on there as quickly as possible as the mist will be drying and absorbing into your paper.
Once the embossing powder is on the image, you can heat.  I love the cool watery texture you get with this technique.
I cut the image from my card stock and added ink before adding it to my layout.  The embossed image makes a great resist.
I hope you have fun with your mists.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Nancy that's a fab idea! It looks so cool on the layout! Thank you for sharing my lovely friend!

Crystal said...

AMAZING technique, Nancy! and that LO is awesome!! hugs!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

What a great idea to resist with the mists. I am going to try this.

Heather Landry said...

So fun and fabulous! You know I went out and bought Utee after one of your tutorials and I never did get it to work right. LOL I may have to try this one and see if I fare any better!