Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coffee Anyone?

Life is still crazy here, but I had this tutorial at Ideas for Scrapbookers the other day and wanted to share...


A while back I was sharing some misting techniques and mentioned how I often use a bucket filled with coffee filters to hold small objects to mist.  So, that got me to thinking....what to do with all the left over, multi-colored coffee filters?

I grabbed a few of my favorite dies in roundish shapes.  You could also use paper punches.

And cut two of each size and shape.  I used two different sets of dies for these flowers.  One in a scallop and one in a more traditional floral shape.

 
 I layered all the pieces and punched a hole through the center with my paper piercer.

I added a brad through the center of my layers. And then scrunced the flowers to form the desired shape.

If the color isn't quite right, you can always mist a little more.


Did I mention that Glimmer Mists are on sale now at Your Memories Here?  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.
Nancy

5 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I saw this at the other post Nancy! Love these flowers... I just have to buy coffee filters now! lol!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your flowers are so beautiful,love the soft colours!

Cindy deRosier said...

I meant to comment on this over at IFS but I forgot, so I'm glad you posted it here. I really love this idea! Actually, it's two ideas I love- using a coffee filter to catch extra spray, then using that for a flower. Brilliant! I'm going to start lining my spraying container (aka cardboard box) with coffee filters instead of just letting the extra ink soak into the box.

Kristina said...

Love it Nancy, what a great tip! I also use the bucket/coffee filter method for some of my glimmer misting. Yep, those are some of the prettiest coffee filters you'll ever see :) It's always fun to see what new colors come from using the same filter for multiple sprays.

Hugs,
Kristina

Heather Landry said...

Very cool tutorial Nancy! I need to find a bucket to mist in and buy some more coffee filters. I use the cone type in my machine so I'd have to buy the other kind.