Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Where does the time go?  Seems like it has been a non-stop whirlwind of activity here lately.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Ainsley had her Junior Grange Activity Day.  I don't really know much about the Grange.  I know it is a rural service community that was formed to help farmers band together to lobby.  At least that is what I seem to remember reading.  What I also know, is that our local Grange has become quite the hot spot for homeschoolers.  Tuesday afternoons are fun activities for homeschooled kids.  A chance to get out and socialize.  Yesterday, it was my job to help the kids socialize by making name tags and playing a few games.  With my Cricut I made these...

I found the svg file at svgcuts.com and my Sure Cuts A Lot software.  We played a quick game where the children made the animal sounds to try and group themselves.  And I made these....

We taped them to the children's backs and had them play a game of guess who.  I cut these with a Disney Cricut cartridge.  Guess who didn't come home with very many die cuts.  hee hee...

With the Grange and swim practice and ballet in full swing, I haven't had much time for me and crafting (did I mention I made 5 of each of the above figures?)  But, I did sneak one layout in.  Easy because it was a lift of the talented Robbie from scrapbook.com.


You can see Robbie's gallery here.  Pretty Pink Paislee and lots of Prima.  Of course, I needed lots of Zip Dry to hold it all together.

Well, still more to do here.  Tomorrow is my oldest's birthday.  So hard to believe he is already 15!  Eeeek.

Hugs.

Nancy

4 comments:

LisiB said...

Oh, these are just sooooo cute. I am impressed! Your LO is also wonderful. I always wonder how you find the time to scrap with all the things going on!!!

D said...

What a wonderful picture of the two of you!!! I love how you cut around the flowers and then put paper flowers around it. Looks gorgeous!

Heather Landry said...

You are so creative girlie! I bet the other Moms were impressed! I know I am. Your layout is fabulous. I love that PP trim.

Nati Tristan said...

Ok what is zip dry!?!?!?! And i absolutely love that layout! it's gorgeous! and those cricut diecuts are adorable! great paper piecing! You did a wonderful job!