Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Clear Scraps and Clearsnap - You Rock

Hi everyone!  I know, I know...I haven't been as attentive as I should be, but the fact is that I am a bit burned out right now, swim is a bit crazy, and really?  I just want to enjoy a bit of summer.

OK, but...I still love creating, and this month Clear Scraps was lucky enough to get the chance to play with some of Clearsnap's new Surfacez inks.  These are perfect for acrylic and all your other slick surfaces.

shhh, don't tell Ainsley, but I snagged one of her selfies for this fun and grungey layout.  hee hee

To make the layout I started with a Clear Scraps XL Deco Sheet, the 12" Doily Stencil and my new Sufacez inks from Clearsnap in Berry and Bluebell.
 I used a makeup sponge to pounce the ink through my Mascil rotating the stencil to add texture to my design.  I also pounced a bit of both of the inks on the back side of the acrylic to add a bit of depth.
I then used my 6" Polkadot stencil with black Surfacez on the front side to add another texture.
Next, a bit of Sunkissed Smooch Spritz to add a bit more color with a bit of shimmer.
Finally I mixed the Sufacez refill with a bit of water and flicked it onto my acrylic to create flecks and inked around the edges for a bit more grunge.  Of course, I managed to get a bit of ink everywhere, but...more grunge.  hee hee.
From here I simply layered a few sheets of torn My Minds Eye Papers and a Doily, added a few embellishments, my photo and was done.
This project was tons of fun to make.  The Clearsnap products worked so well on the acrylic surface.

Be sure to check out all the project on the Clear Scraps and Clearsnap blogs this week to see what the other designers came up with.

Hugs.

No comments: