Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Saving Memories and Free Ebook

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great day...thanks for swinging by.  Today I wanted to share with you a project I made with some goodies that I received from FaveCrafts and a free book.

Every year, FaveCrafts hosts a blogger party at CHA and I have been lucky enough to receive an invite the last few.  Anyway, at this event bloggers are given the opportunity to sit down with brands and talk about what they have to offer.  At the end, we are given "goodie bags", and an opportunity to be in an ebook and maybe even win a prize.

Well, here is the project I made, the Precious Memory Board.


Precious Memory Board Supplies:

  • Darice Photo Frame
  • MDHobby and Craft Pierced Metal
  • Folk Art Chalk Paint from Plaid
  • Sizzix Die Cut Machine and Dies
  • Crate Paper
  • Clothes Pins



Step 1:  cut metal sheet to size.  The MD Hobby and Craft Pierced Metal is thick, so be sure and use the correct tool.  I used a pair of tin snips.  And be careful, those snipped ends are sharp.


Step 2:  Paint metal sheet and frame in desired colors.  I chose teal and grey chalk paint as I am just loving the sheen of chalk paint lately.  In hindsight, I should have put a coat of spray gesso on the pierced metal before I painted it...but a few coats of the paint did the trick.

Step 3:  Die Cut lables with Sizzix dies and embellish as deisred.  I chose some beautiful Crate Paper from my stash, and it didn't require much embellishment.  Just a few pearls and epoxies.

Step 4:  Assemble

Step 5:  Hang items and embellishments with mini clothespins.

How easy is that?

If you would like a free copy of the E-Book, filled with many craft ideas, including mine, just click here.

Hugs.

No comments: