Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Monday

Well, being that we are back to our normal schedules, we are back to eating in shifts and trying to keep everyone happy.  I think we managed to do that fairly well this last week.  So, here I am with our recap for Menu Monday.....

Monday - Chicken Picatta - I was able to cheat a little since Phil had the day off and was able to cook fresh while I drove.


Tuesday - Homemade Pizza.  This was a bit of a challenge since everyone wanted different styles of pizza.  We had one thin crust, one Chicago Style, and one...well, it was supposed to be stuffed crust.  But that didn't work so well.  lol


Wednesday - Pot Roast.  Oh goodness.  The sauce is so good I could eat just that.  hee hee

Thursday - Hot Dogs.  I am not a fan of hot dogs.  Really, I don't care for them much at all.  But when Phil came home from his scout meeting and informed me that we were having 14 scouts over for the PLC (planning meeting) it was the only affordable (for that many teenage boys) meal I could think of.  lol  I will spare you a photo.  hee hee

Friday - Chili.  Always a favorite here.

And finally, just because I love you, and I had that photo yesterday of the not Christmas cookies we made...here is one of the sugar cookies.

Ok, well, since this pizza dough was so versatile and easy...How about if I share.

Basic Pizza Dough
1 package active yeast
2 tsp. sugar
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup lard or shortening (I found some non-hydrogenated shortening at Whole Foods)
2 tsp salt
Olive oil

In an electric mixing bowl, whisk the yeast, sugar, water and lard together to make a pste.  Add the flour and salt and mix using a dough hook, until the dough comes away from the sides and crawls up the dough hook.  Remove the dough from the bowl.Grease the bowl with olive oil and place the dough back in the bowl.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until double in size, about an hour.  Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide dough in half.  Roll the dough into balls, cover and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.  Shape.
Hope you have a great week!

Hugs.

Nancy

2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

What went wrong with the stuffed crust pizza? I like thin crust pizza myself. All of that bread just takes away from the tast of the toppings. LOL Your chili looks purty! Thanks for sharing your menus with us.

LisiB said...

Great! I am in the middle of making my weekly meny. I guess I could try the pot roast! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!