Monday, July 26, 2010

Hey Guys!

After a very busy weekend, we come to Monday.  Why does Monday always have to come after the weekend. It seems I am just getting settled, maybe getting a little rest, and then all of a sudden.....BOOM!!! back at it again.

At least this week there is no swim!  Yep...no swim!!!!!  For the next few weeks we will not be swimming, no practice, no meets, no meetings.  ahhhhhh.  I can almost feel the relaxation coming.  And I say almost because, well, even tho swim season is over we still have ballet summer intensive through the end of the week.  And it is parent observation!  So this is my rare opportunity to watch Mackenzie in action.  Oh well, soon enough we will all be able to sleep in.  And speaking of sleeping in....

Brighton.  He slept till 10:30 today.  So unusual for him.  Do you think he might be growing? again?  That boy is becoming a giant!  He had a great meet over the weekend.  Maybe he is just tired?  He managed a few new A times and even swam the A relay.  So proud!!!


Ainsley wasn't quite as successful with her meet.  She just aged up and is now swimming 50s instead of 25s.  But I am sure she will be getting those times back up soon.


This was our last meet swimming for Splash.  The children are sad to be leaving their friends, but excited to be moving to the new team and making new friends.  Phil is already getting told he will be needing a promotion soon.  hee hee  He can't stay a stroke & turn judge forever I guess.  

Well, all of this swimming and housework didn't leave much time for scrapping, but I did find time to make these....


for our swim team coaches.  I stuffed a chocolate bar, a gift card and a little note inside.  Totally lifted these off my co-Sassy, Cheryl.    She made the cutest candy bar holders using her Gypsy and Design Studio.  Well, I don't have a Gypsy, or a Design Studio, so I had to improvise.  My good friend Heather made the folder file for me in Inkscape.  I found the lemon here.  

I have only managed one layout tho....

from the Sassy Lil Sketches July 21st reveal.

Well...off to Ainsley's sleepover birthday.  Be back soon.

Hugs.

Nancy

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! What amazing shots of the kids in the pool!!! I hope you are having fun with Ainsley's party! I am glad you are getting the much needed break from swimming!! Enjoy! Love the thank you cards!!!

Heather said...

I'm still laughing at the throw the lemons back and demand chocolate thing! Those turned out really cute!

Heather Landry said...

I left you this loooong comment and then Blogger ATE IT! Anyway, I love the candy bar holders. I'm super jealous at how late Brighton gets to sleep, and I think the layout and Ainsley are BOTH adorable.

Deanna said...

Wonderful take on that Sassy sketch! Perfect paper choice for your photos!

Katie said...

Ok, I am just loving this post. Not only does your take on the Sassy Lil' Sketch ROCK, but you lifted one of my BFF, Cheryl! Your cards came out fabulous!

Cherie said...

Love this entire post!!! :D Thanks for rocking one of my sketches!