Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Promises, Promises.

I know, I promised to come back and tell you more about my scrapbook collection.  Let me start by saying that I have been scrapbooking for 14 years, that each of my three children has their own albums for each year of their lives.  I also have vacation albums, holiday albums, and a few books of me. 

Ready?  Do you really want to know how many?  50!  Yep, I have 50 12x12 albums on the shelf. (well, not really on the shelf, because I ran out of space and now have to go to Ikea to get another set of shelves). 


You can see in the pictures that their are still a few of those boxes full of pages from Michaels.  That is because, even with 50 albums on the shelf, I do not have enough for all the pages.  (sigh).  Granted, some of the albums are no where near full, but being a chronological scrapper...they will be some day.  lol

Yep, at some point I got totally overwhelmed and could no longer remember if I had or hadn't scrapped some events.  So, now that everything is nice and neat and organized.....be prepared to see some flashback photos.

Oh, and does anyone have any great ideas how to label the spines of all these albums?

Hugs. 

Nancy

5 comments:

Angela V. said...

WOW! 50 albums! Thats awesome! Now I want to go count how many I've completed...although I know it isn't anywhere near that many!

Michelle said...

That is ALOT of books!! I have about half that.. all in my entertainment center - for now!! LOL Alot of great memories recorded in your albums!! I love being able to go back and look at mine.

Julie said...

Popped over from SB.com and wow...that's a lot of work that went into those albums. Have you seen how Ali Edwards does her albums? She used the D ring, but I think you could use it as well.
http://www.aliedwards.com/2008/05/q-a-albums.html
I've also seen it done where the same tags were used and attached with a colored ribbon that wrapped around the spine.

Nati Tristan said...

50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow! Love it!!!!!!!!!! The fact that you have them pretty much organized.. in that shelf like that look great! I only have 20 :o(

Heather Landry said...

Oh my word are you kidding! And you say I scrap a lot? No. You win hands down. LOL Oh and btw... I so have bookshelf envy. Sigh.