Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wow!!!

I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last blog. So many things going on. So many things I have wanted to write about, but...... Busy, busy, busy!!!!



The weekend was full of craziness! The usual housework, laundry, errands. Add in some baking (gotta have homemade treats during the holidays), some gift making...cause, well....I love making gifts. sigh Where did the time go?


Monday was, well....Monday. And it was cold!!!! Meeting with our ES about the children's school. Which was very pleasant. Almost unbelievably so. Maybe this charter school thing isn't as bad as I originally thought? Time will tell. But the children were happier, I was happier.....

Tuesday was crazy as well. I hosted a piano recital at my home...we had 10 students and 25 total people...in my living room! How did I fit 25 people and a 12 foot tree in my living room?

The tree in the background, next to where the people are sitting...well, now you have a little perspective to just how big that tree is. lol

Luckily, I had plenty of chairs and food to go around. Can't let anyone go hungry. Guess I still got a bit of the South left in me even after 14 years in California! LOL

And that bit of southern girl...she if freezing! It has been crazy cold.

Brighton usually gets up on Tuesday mornings to go to swim practice at 5:00 a.m. (Those of you who know me well, know that that was not my idea. I love my sleep! hee hee) Anyway, he chose not to go cause it was just too flippin cold. A friend texted him from the pool....telling him how he missed out because, well.....THERE WAS ICE ON THE COVERS!!!!!!



I am sorry, if there is ice on the pool covers, you don't need to be at the pool at 5:30 in the morning swimming. Go back to bed...where it is nice and warm. LOL

Of course, I need to get out of bed! The holidays are coming way too fast. I think in a few days I may be able to relax and breathe...that is if I can finish my shopping...maybe after the weekend? Oh, and more gifts to make...and wrap...and ship. sigh

I love the holidays! No really? I do...I know it sounds crazy, with all the goings on...but it really is fabulous!


How could you not love the holidays, with those three to be there with you every step of the way!
Hugs,

N

3 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

Miss you busy girl! :) Great pics. Glad the piano recital went well!!

Heather Landry said...

The tree is HUGE! I can not believe! LOL It looks like the recital went well, and I can't believe how much you get done girlie! I loved the photos of the kids making cookies! As far as getting up early, no thank you! Especially when it's cold. I've got a lot of Southern in me, and it's been entirely too cold. Don't tell Michelle that, she says she's the only one allowed to fuss about the cold. LOL

Michelle said...

Those are great pics!!! I am glad the recital went well. I miss going to Britty's. As for the weather... well... you and Heather can complain all you want, but I have complaining rights. Especially when right now at 6:21 pm, it is -9 below with the windchill. I will gladly trade either of you!!