Thursday, December 10, 2009

Crafting with the Kids



What possessed me to decide today to craft with the kids? Could it be that they have been asking to play with paper, die cuts, glitter?

So, after dinner we sat down in the craft room to make some things. Snowflakes, snowmen, tags, trees, cards...whatever they wanted. Ainsley and I made this for her ballet teacher with the cricut.


Yeah, that lasted about 10 minutes. They decided they would much rather watch Enchanted on the laptop. Oh well....we did get a few things made. Mackenzie made these with the Cricut. Then added some glitter. So sparkly.


I made a tree after they ran off. I had seen the idea on the Prima blog a while back. They used a lolipop flower, a hat pin and some pearl centers. I didn't have any of those things! lol So I used some beautiful Prima paper cut with my sizzix, embossing powder, lots of zip dry glue and some old bling flourishes. I think it came out really well.
Maybe we will try again tomorrow. Everything is finally cleaned up and put away! lol

Hugs.

N

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your tree turned out wonderfully!! I am glad you had a good time creating with the kids..even though it was short-lived!! ;) (That is my kids too!) I am sure Ainsley's teacher will love it!! Mackenzie's snowflakes are so pretty!

Heather Landry said...

I think all of your projects look adorable! I'm sure the ballet teacher loved the card. You're really trying to make me need that cart tho! LOL I love your Prima tree. You totally rock!