Monday, April 13, 2015

You Warm My Heart Light Up Box

Hey everyone!  Hope your day is off to a great start!  Today I wanted to share with you a project I made featuring a fun, new, company; Chibitronics.  I met this fun group back at CHA and was given a set of their unique LED circuits to play with.  They have a starter kit that contains everything you need to get going with creating your own light up circuits.  Being a homeschooler, and having built many circuits over the years, I thought I was quite the pro.  Yeah, I can build a circuit....but the copper foil tape definitely took a bit to get used to, so be sure and practice in the book before committing anything to your project.

You Warm My Heart Light Up Box

You Warm My Heart Box Supplies:



Step 1:  Cut all pieces needed and emboss using the Sizzix Texture fade.  I used my Cricut Explore.
Step 2:  Assemble box as per instructions.  Yep, didn't follow the instructions well, so my box has a few irregularities.  
Step 3:  This was the fun part.  Build your circuit.  Remember when I told you to practice before trying to lay out your circuit on the finished project?  Making turns with the copper tape takes a bit of practice.  My first circuit did not look this pretty.  The glitter paper and the copper tape did not play nicely.  lol
Step 4:  Add additional LED lights as desired.  I decided to add a few more to give the fire a nice glow. Seriously, how cool is that?  The circuits are super easy to build.  This one is in parallel, but I may try a series next.
 
Here is the box in a darkened room....look at the glow from the fire!  I can't wait to see what else I can light up.  Definitely thinking a camera....with a switch....so I can make it flash!  Oh, and a new baby card (have a girlfriend about to be a grandma)....twinkling stars?  The possibilities are endless.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs.

No comments: