Friday, November 21, 2014

Lanterns and Leaves

Hi everyone!  Nancy here today and I have quite a bit to share with you.

A few weeks ago I shared this photo on my Instagram.

And I had people on Facebook and Twitter asking for a tutorial, so I made a video which you can see here...


ClearScraps acrylic sheets are so very fun to work with, especially when you die cut, emboss, and ink them up with a bit of Stazon.  hee hee

Then, the question arose, what do I do with these leaves I made. Well, I told you recently how much fun I have been having with the files from svgcuts....so I decided to make this lantern.  Seriously, this took me so long to cut.  But it was all worth it in the end.

Of course I used Core'dinations Basics Neutrals cardstock and Core'dinations vellum.  They both cut so beautifully on my new Cricut Explore (once I got the stupid program to run properly....ugh, shockwave).

I added my fall leaves, lots of trims and a bit of ribbon...and of course a few flowers from the stash.

And then I gave it to a friend.  hee hee.  You can add a little battery operated tealight inside to make it glow, which was hard to photograph, just saying.  I wouldn't advise using a candle, as....well, this is made of paper after all and lighting your home on fire would not be a good way to start the holidays.

Hugs.


 

No comments: