Monday, April 7, 2014

Photo Frame - Your Memories here

Hello everyone!  Happy Monday.  Goodness, I think I need another day between Sunday and Monday.  I just feel like I still have so many things left to do from the weekend.  But isn't that the way it always goes.  Sigh.....

Today I wanted to share with you a quick little project I made using some left over packaging from Prima Marketing.  Lately, Prima has been packaging many of its woods and resins in little balsa wood boxes.  (love that)  One of these boxes had cut outs perfectly sized for wallet sized photos...you know I couldn't resist creating a fun frame.

 I began by painting the box wish some Silks Acrylic Glaze.  Varoom Red and Emperors Gold are two of my favorite Silks colors.  This combination gave me a vintage-y look without being too formal.  If you have never used Silks before, you must try some.  They are a beautifully pigmented Acrylic glaze with a bit of shimmer.
 And then came the fun stuff.....A few gorgeous Prima Flowers from my Your Memories Here Grab Bag and a resin bird, also from Prima.
This was such a quick and easy project, and a perfect way to use some of those fun boxes that have been accumulating around here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs.

1 comment:

LisiB said...

HI Nancy
I just got my first Prima wood box and YES they are soooo pretty. Love what you did with it and the photos are adorable. What a pretty family!!!!