Friday, April 11, 2014

Bloom Girls- Sketching

Happy Friday!  I can't believe how fast this week flew by.  It's crazy how quickly the days and weeks move as we get older.  Mackenzie turned 16, Brighton is back for his third quarter at University, standardized testing is over and we are preparing for finals.  Eeek

Well, today I wanted to share with you a mixed media piece I made.  I have been taking Jamie Dougherty's Bloom Girls classes and this is from the Bloom Girls 2.  You know I can't follow directions, so I had to make my own background...which, I am pretty happy with...but probably shouldn't have done quite the way I had....lesson learned.

I am happy with the background, I am happy with the hair (well other than the fact it is so dark, LOL).  I think I may go and repaint her facial features.  She just seems so fair with that dark hair.  sigh  But, not so bad for a first try?

Have a great weekend.  Hugs.

2 comments:

Heather Landry said...

I think it's really lovely! Great job chickie.

LisiB said...

Nancy, this looks stunning! I actually like that she looks so fair - looks very noble.
I bet that took you a long time.
You asked how I find time: I scrap very fast - a card does not take longer than 20 minutes and a layout is usually done in one hour to two. I don't watch TV anymore (given up on that) and often scrap for on hour before going to bed with DH - it just helps me to relax and calm down. Thank you for always commenting on my posts - they really make my day
Lisi