Monday, March 14, 2016

Tropical Fun with Chibitronics and Xyron

Hi everyone!  I'm back today and want to share with you a fun project I made with Chibitronics and Xyron.  I found this fun Palm Tree Box file at SVGCuttingFiles, and new that it would be perfect with the new Tropical Color Lights from Chibitronics.
Products Used:

This project came together quickly with the use of my Cricut and Xyron.  And decorating was super fun with Chibitronics.  Let me show you how to create the circuit for each tree.
 I brought the negative of the copper tape down the top of the paper and wrapped the positive end around through the box and attached the battery completing my circuit.
 Aren't these new colors so fun?  Love all the color variations that are now available from Chibitronics.  With the negative end up and positive down, it was quick work to light up each of the palm trees.
Here you can just see my negative run going through the top of the tree...don't worry tho, one I add the palm leaves that hole and the tape will be covered.
Embellishing the palm tree and making the hammock were super quick with the help of my Xyron machines.  I used the Create a Sticker to add dry adhesive to the wood pieces of my hammock.  I love that Xyron has machines in all different sizes for each of your paper crafting needs (yes, I have a huge selection...Xyron 850, 500, 2.5 inch, 1 inch...and even a tiny little 1/2 inch lol.
After adding these little coconut pieces that I made with my Xyron Sticker Maker and some twine to the hammock I was done.  

I haven't decided what I will do with this fun little home decor piece yet...Maybe use to hold some fun drink pics at my next Tiki Party?  hmmmm
Thanks for dropping by.  Now, head on over to the Xyron Facebook Page where the Xyron Design Team is sharing some fun Chibitronics projects all week long.  

Hugs.


No comments: