Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Whimsical Paper Lighthouse

So, a little sad that I am sharing the last couple of posts I will be doing for Core'dinations.  After almost a year of working with Core'dinations  and before that with Darice I have to say I am a bit sad that our relationship is ending.  Before I go though, I want to share with you a few fun things I made (oh, and I will continue to make with their papers....just so much fun).  So, without further ado.......my Whimsical Paper Lighthouse.
Paper-lighthouse
Whimsical Lighthouse Supplies:
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy keslin_suppliesStep 1:  Cut all pieces from desired colors.   I know it seems like a lot of pieces, but this project is really quite easy to assemble.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy keslin_cutsStep 2:  From here you could simply assemble the lighthouse using the video directions from SVGCuts, or you can add some dimension and texture to your pieces by embossing.  I began with the blue pieces and the Darice Honeycomb embossing folder.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy keslin_emboss_stripes
Step 3:  For even more interest, sand the embossing to reveal the Kraft-Core underneath.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy keslin_sand
Step 4:  Continue embossing and sanding your pieces.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy keslin_emboss baseOf course, the white cardstock only needed a bit of texture, no sanding needed here.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancykeslin_emboss panelsStep 5:  From here I simply assembled the lighthouse using the video instructions provided and added a bit of twine around the base.
lighthouse_coredinations_svgcuts_nancy-keslin_portrait-693x1024
You can add a battery operated tealight or LEDs to your lighthouse to add a pleasing glow.

~Nancy


No comments: