So, a little sad that I am sharing the last couple of posts I will be doing for Core'dinations. After almost a year of working with Core'dinations and before that with Darice I have to say I am a bit sad that our relationship is ending. Before I go though, I want to share with you a few fun things I made (oh, and I will continue to make with their papers....just so much fun). So, without further ado.......my Whimsical Paper Lighthouse.
Whimsical Lighthouse Supplies:
- Core'dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection 12x12
- Core'dinations Core Basics Vellum
- Core'dinations Core Basics Patterns Red Large Dot
- Core'dinations Core Basics White Canvas Texture 80 lb. 12x12
- Core'dinations Sand it Gadget (if desired)
- Lighthouse svg file from SVGCuts.com
- Miscellaneous Embossing Folders (if desired)
- Hemp Twine
Step 1: Cut all pieces from desired colors. I know it seems like a lot of pieces, but this project is really quite easy to assemble.
Step 2: From here you could simply assemble the lighthouse using the video directions from SVGCuts, or you can add some dimension and texture to your pieces by embossing. I began with the blue pieces and the Darice Honeycomb embossing folder.
Step 3: For even more interest, sand the embossing to reveal the Kraft-Core underneath.
Step 4: Continue embossing and sanding your pieces.
Step 5: From here I simply assembled the lighthouse using the video instructions provided and added a bit of twine around the base.
You can add a battery operated tealight or LEDs to your lighthouse to add a pleasing glow.