Friday, May 10, 2013

Washi Up

Hi everyone!  Hope all is going well for you.  For me?  Things are just a bit crazy right now.  That said, I thought I would pop in and share with you some goings on.

First off, if I am a bit flakey and things don't seem to be happening, it is probably because swim season is gearing up, and once again I am president.  Add to that Brighton's graduation and party, in laws coming to town, school wrapping up for the summer.  I truly feel like I am spending my days running in circles.

I have a huge list of projects I have made that I have been wanting to share with you and I am going to try really hard to do that.

So, how about this little project I made to store my washi tape.
This was pretty easy to make.  A wooden frame I purchased at Michaels painted with some black chalkboard paint, a few cup hooks screwed into the frame with dowels to hold the tapes on.  I think it probably took longer for the paint to dry than it did to put the whole thing together.
I had seen this project on The Twinery blog a few months ago and since I usually buy my twine in skeins, not on spools, I adapted it for washi.  I really need to find more ways to use all this washi I have been hoarding.  But until then, at least I have a pretty display to hang on the wall.  lol

One more thing before I go.....Sharon Fritchman, you are the winner of the Lyric Collection Kit.  I will get it out in the mail as soon as possible.

Happy Mother's Day and Hugs.

Nancy


5 comments:

Catherine said...

Love the bright colors against the black. I have exactly one roll of washi - must get on that! Happy Mother's Day!

LisiB said...

This is a lovely display! Almost too pretty to use it!!!
Wow, you are busy, busy! Good luck with all your projects

Lizzyc said...

That is very clever!! Have a wonderful Mothers day!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! I am so thankful!!! And I absolutely love this project - so cool and creative, and very pretty, too. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, my friend!!

Heather Landry said...

This is such a neat idea Nancy! You have quite a washi collection. I see lots of pretties!